Friday, January 7, 2011

There's More (Coffee)

My parents gifted me with a Starbucks card this Christmas. Very nice. And seemingly, very straight-forward.

But there’s more …

During the registration process, I learned that this card tracks my visits, and based on the level of my java-swilling enthusiasm, the program rewards me with special discounts and freebies.

But there’s more …

One of the confirmation emails from Starbucks informed me about a downloadable app available for my Blackberry to track my balance. Sure enough, after my first purchase, a quick online inquiry showed the balance properly adjusted within minutes of the purchase.

But there’s more …

I wondered, “wouldn’t it be smart if this online app reloaded my card automatically?”, and sure enough, it was there! You can set a lower threshold amount and a reload amount on the Blackberry, and - voila! - a bottomless latte!

Of course, this is all connected to my credit card. It’s a win/win for Starbucks and me.

No comments: