Wednesday, January 26, 2011

St. Louis RV Show

I spent 2 hours at the St. Louis RV Show a couple of weeks ago ...


... and saw nothing of real interest.

I've been shopping for a long time because basically nothing has captured my imagination yet. Here's what I'm looking for (and why it's hard to find):
  1. Something in which I can sleep comfortably (most RV beds are in small spaces and are a half-foot shorter than my freakishly tall body).

  2. Something in which I can stand comfortably (most RVs require some stooping; otherwise they'd be too tall to tow)

  3. Something less than 25-foot long (most Americans want BIG RVs ... I don't, but this conflicts with #1 and #2)

  4. High-quality - I don't want a Motel-6 on wheels; a Marriott is required, at minimum (but most manufacturers skimp to cut cost and weight)

The following model is getting close:

Keystone's Bullet Premier is aerodynamic, high-quality, boasts a 7-foot radial height, but alas, features a bed made for little people, thus failing requirement #1.

Maybe they'll make a custom model for me.

No comments: