Thursday, January 27, 2011

Couponing 101

Recently I've been reading online how to be a master couponer. Seems easy enough. I need lots of coupons, good sales at the stores and unlimited time to match up the two. So last week I thought I would give it a try.

My first stop was Walgreens. I had manufacturers coupons plus store coupons for nuts and cough drops. Now mind you, I didn't need either of those items, but I would be getting them for next to nothing. First lesson learned. When the ad comes out on Sunday, don't wait until Monday to shop. They were out of both items.


Next I went to Walmart. They had fabric softner on sale and I had a coupon!
Score! I bought 2 of them and they cost me $1.50 or .75 a piece. Now I was feeling good.


Finally, I arrived at Dierbergs. I was going to buy meat (they had it 5 packages for $24), glutten free chips and skintimate shave gel. After perusing the meat section for quite a long time and not finding the special, I went to the healthy food section. Couldn't find the glutten free chips either. An employee happened to be walking by and I asked about the meat and chips. Oh, they're not on sale yet. Our ads start on Tuesdays. Have they always done this? Ads come out on Sunday but don't start until Tuesday?
By this time I had spent way too much time at Dierbergs with nothing in my shopping cart. I skipped the skintimate and decided to live with hairy legs! It's winter. No one is going to see them!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Some people see them