Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weather Comments

In honor of the world-wide web (www), my three posts this week will each begin with the letter "W". Welcome to Sesame Street blogging! ...

People often say they want to move because "of the weather". This strikes me as odd for a couple of reasons, but then again, maybe it's just me.

First, it seems shallow to rank weather as a dominant reason to relocate a family. it would seem there'd be a hundred more important factors revolving around opportunity and relationships one should consider before checking the weather charts.

Second, the comment is usually packaged with a desire to move to a "warm weather" locale in which every day is the same. I like pizza, but I don't eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week, every day of the year. Sometimes a nice rain fits one's spirits, and there's nothing more awesome that watching a storm move in.

2 comments:

The Moose said...

You do love your alliteration. Also, I love to watch a good lightning storm. Kansas had some awesome lightning storms.

St. Thomas said...

i miss rain more than anything since i moved.