Friday, July 16, 2010

The Travail of Travel

I've been gone for a bit, and suffered some abuse from the travel powers-that-be.

First, the Hilton Garden Inn in Gilroy, California, charged my credit card three times for one night! That's never happened before, and I wonder how a company could be so inept.

While stewing over that mishap, I hopped a flight home on the ever-friendly skies of American Airlines (you know this isn't going to turn out well, right?). My million-mile status had secured a nice aisle seat in the exit row, but when Lyla the pup accompanied me home, that all changed.

We were banished from the exit row and charged extra for it! An upcharge for a downgrade ... go figure.

Further, the older gentlemen (my phrase for all males who appear even the slightest bit more aged than me) in my front decided to keep his seat in a 45-degree recline for the duration of the flight. So this was the extent of my view for four hours:

While I started the flight feeling sorry for Lyla because she was crammed into a duffel bag, it was really myself who was treated like the dog! At least she could lie down and nap.

No comments: