Friday, July 9, 2010

Tiger Prediction

I've made some boneheaded sports predictions in the past. Once, I was positive that Christian Laettner should be drafted ahead of Shaquille O'Neill in the NBA Draft. There are other examples, but you get the idea.


Prediction: Tiger Woods will not attain Jack Nicklaus' record of 19 major championships won even though he is ahead of Nicklaus' pace now (he has 14).


He has the skill, youth, and talent to do so, but in my opinion, he lacks the support system to sustain his past pace.


He lost his father, his wife and kids are estranged, and he seemingly talks to no one. He even threw his long-time caddy under the bus after a recent tournament. I find it hard to believe that he is open to ongoing instruction to get his game back to past form.


You can't take on the whole world, and that's why I predict Tiger will not make history.


I could be wrong.

No comments: