Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Lustron House

Every year before Christmas Steve & I take my moms side of the family out for a meal. This year we had lunch at the Lustron House. It was built in 1948 and it is made of metal - the inside and the outside. We enjoyed a delicious lunch that started with a fruit salad (Uncle Tom & Tommy really enjoyed theirs) and ended with a warm apple cake. Yum!


We then headed to the living room to watch a short movie about the construction of the house and to ask any questions we had.


These 2 joined the festivities this year.


You can see the dining room/kitchen from this angle. Notice all the cabinets? They're made of metal also.

I love hanging out with this group. At one point during the presentation I looked around and Dad & Uncle Frank were sleeping. Give them a little food and it's off to snooze land! I wish I had a picture of it.


I think everyone had a good time. Where should we go next year? Anyone have any ideas?


No comments: