Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day was spent receiving calls from the sons and visiting with my Dad and Bob, my father-in-law.

Here's my brother and Dad (his comment: "when did I get so short?" ... well, relatively speaking, Dad, about 35 years ago, and by the way, we finally got our hair cut the way you like it!):


Here I am later in the day with Bob, a picture which was possible only after some "how to use a point-and-shoot camera" with Kim's mother:

His advice for the day: try not to step on any copperhead snakes. Wise advice.

Kim left me a card with instructions on where to find a gift. It was a headlamp/tail-light combination for my bike. Here it is installed, and should make a few evening rides possible.

Frankly, I'm unsure why people feel the need to celebrate fathers ... I've found the experience rewarding enough in and of itself.

But thanks, everyone, for a great day!

No comments: