Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The 2010 Oscar Race

This year's Academy Awards was a 2-person race. On one side, Avatar, the CGI-enhanced epic featuring another world directed by James Cameron. In the other corner, The Hurt Locker, a Iraqi War movie about a bomb squad directed by Cameron's ex-wife Kathryn Bigelow.

A true showdown!


I decided to watch the two films back-to-back to compare. They were both worthy of Ocsar consideration, but in my mind, Hurt Locker was better and definitely less predictable.

The Academy got it right when they gave the Oscar to Bigelow.

2 comments:

The Moose said...

Glad to see your back. I put the Hurt Locker on my Netflix list. Somehow it got by me.

TJ said...

I agree. Though I enjoyed Avitar, (on the big screen it was something else, though I don't know if I could have handled the 3-D version) I thought Hurt Locker was a much better flick.