Monday, March 22, 2010

What's On Your Phone?

In cleaning up the photos stored on my phone the other day, it hit me that these files represented a sort of historical log.

If the only surviving records from my life consisted of this small set of grainy pictures, what story would they suggest?

Due to technical difficulties, a large number of my photos could not be transferred here. They consisted of hiking with sons Chris and Mike, another hike with Vince Beckmann and Mike Taylor, with Tom and Jena at Fenway Park, at Pauley Pavilion to watch a UCLA basketball game with Tommy, riding the subway with the grand-girls, enjoying a number of activities with Kim, and other memories.

A few pictures transferred fine.

At Mount Whitney with Chris (it's the rain-drenched hulk in the background) ...


Backwoods beauty in Missouri ...

Sleeping under the stars ...

Taking in a baseball game in St. Louis ...

Frankly, if a future historian judged my life solely on what's in my phone, they would enjoy a glimpse into a happy life.

No comments: