Friday, January 15, 2010

Daddy's Got New Shoes

Thanks to the coordinating powers of the Amazon wish list, I received two gifts for Christmas which were highly synergistic ...

First, Kim (with a little help from Greg on where to find super-sized models) gave me these cool-looking biking shoes:


A few days later, Mom gave me new pedals for my bike which allow the shoes to snap on:


This should improve my biking experience greatly, providing I survive the requisite falls which could occur while I'm getting used to snapping out of these things (at stops). Your feet are always correctly positioned, and power is gained from pulling up in addition to pushing down. These things truly make you one with your biking machine!

Now, if only the snow and ice would leave ...

1 comment:

The Moose said...

You'll love them ... especially on the hills.