Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas with Dylan

Kim told me I had too much to talk about and she couldn't take it all.  Her advice: start blogging again.  In other words, seek some outlet other than her.  Soulmate, indeed.

As she was talking, the lyrics of Bob Dylan's Maggie's Farm sprang to mind:

"Well, I wake in the morning, fold my hands and pray for rain, I got a head full of ideas that are drivin’ me insane."

To keep both of us from climbing the walls due to my overabundance of semi-insightful - often half-baked - opinions, I agreed to blog once a week and talk less.   

Some potential topics come to mind: On Being a Grandparent, Living Together, The Fallacy of Progressivism, Rams' News and Thoughts, Smartphones, the Five Worst Presidents, Hiking, My Book, Simple Budgetary Ideas That Elude Washington, RV Adventures, Exceptionalism, The Myth of the Independent, How to Handle the Press, and other riveting subject areas ripe for some rambling.  (Ahh, the allure of alliteration.) 

It has also occurred to me to invite Dylan to the house for Christmas as a guest.  I think he'd enjoy it.  Seriously.

1 comment:

Chris Rennier said...

Bob might like to eat some smoked turkey.