Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Year

If you're reading this, then the Mayans were wrong ...

The end of the world would have spoiled a great year for rookie quarterbacks and for the movie industry.  My "five favorite movies of the year" would include Argo, The Dark Knight Rises, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, and of course, the soon-to-be-released Lionhead (written, directed, editted, and produced by Renniers).

My 2012 resolutions were generally successful.  On one item, I failed big time.  Pledging to make a 48,000-word contribution to a book, I only wrote 32,000.  It's going to take longer than I thought!

My other commitments fared better:

Goal: Hike 300 miles.
Results: Hiked over 400 miles.  The picture to the left is of Ooh-Aah Point (a great name!) within the Grand Canyon.

Goal: Bike 600 miles.
Results: Rode over 1000 miles (including a few with a broken collarbone!)

Goal: Lose 30 pounds:
Results: Lost 30 pounds (more at one point, but a holiday binge set me back)

These resolutions seem silly at times, but frankly I would sit around and watch movies all day without some objectives.

For 2013: Lose 10 pounds, walk 400 miles, ride 1000, and write 24,000 words.  And ignore the Mayans.

No comments: