Friday, September 30, 2011

The Baker House

After we left Door County we drove to Lake Geneva. A friend of Steve's has a condo there and asked if we would like to stay the night. Their place is lovely. Brand new, lots of room and a washer & dryer. My family thinks I have a fetish about washing clothes. Hey, I just like to be clean! Steve and I just randomly picked a place in town called the Baker House. Turns out it was a tapas restaurant and we love tapas.


Each room of the mansion is set up just like it would be if someone was living there. We were seated in the library.



They had old time stereoscopes to view photos while we were waiting for our food.



Our first course was cheese and crackers. 5 different types of cheese. Yummy!
We also had beef tenderloins, crab cakes and homemade potato chips. That is what's so fun about tapas. You can try lots of different foods.



For dessert we ordered the chocolate fondue. Needless to say we enjoyed our meal!


Oh, yes, I forgot. They had the hallway covered with hats. You could try them on, pick your favorite and wear it for the evening. I tried on several.



My head is itching now!

No comments: