Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chicago

Steve and I took a long overdue vacation. It seems like we've traveled quite a bit over the last year, but that travel usually took us to the east or west coast to be with family. This trip was just the 2 of us. We headed to the windy city of Chicago where he dumped me in a hotel and he took off to spend the night on a friends sail boat. He will be posting about this later. I put on my walking shoes and headed out. Right around the corner was the Hancock Building.


Across the street was a beautiful Presbyterian church. This was 9/11 and there were police cars everywhere. They were even parked in the middle turn lane across from the Hancock Building.



I wandered into Water Tower Place. And found a wonderful food court unlike any I had ever seen. They seated me and gave me a charge card. There were 11 different areas you could walk around and place your order. Soup, sushi, stir fry, comfort food, wine, grill and desserts, just to name a few. I could easily overeat and overspend at this place. I settled on the chicken dumplings. Pretty good, but I prefer pork. Then I had a bowl of shrimp and crab bisque. Delicious! Time to get out of here!




I thought I would walk off my dinner. The Contemporary Art Museum was close by. I thought this sculpture was unique. See the giant coat hanger behind it?I continued on down to the lakefront. There were lots of partiers hanging out in their boats.

I saw this sign on the way to the water. Only in Chicago!

No comments: