Friday, February 12, 2010

A Modern-Day Confession

I have a confession to offer: for the duration of this blog's life, I have indulged in the use of performance-enhancing blog steroids (PEBS).

This is nothing to be proud of, but frankly, writing three posts a week without the benefit of cute kids around to provide fresh daily material is stressful. The blog steroids (BS) seem to improve my recovery time in support of the hectic pace.

I do not believe the steroids provide an unfair advantage, however. After all, one must possess certain natural linguistic skills to author these postings, and it's hard to believe such talent can be artificially manufactured by a needle and a few chemicals, isn't it?

To prove my point, the following represents an effort to write this blog posting without the benefit of the performance-enhancing substances:

Gotta 'fess up to sumpin' here ... I be stickin' my own self with needles. it doan hurts 2 bad. An' it doan seam 2 hep much. 'pose i got chops wit or witout the drugs.

So while I don't see much wrong with what I did, I prefer to focus on the future and not dwell on the past. Don't you? After all, cheating is such a harsh word.

No comments: