Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Klutz Streak

A week and a half ago, I accidently tried to twist my grandson's foot off. He's a tough one, though, and is bouncing back with nary a complaint.


My streak continued a couple of days ago when I wiped out on my bicycle at 20 MPH on concrete. The fall cracked my helmet ...


... messed up my front tire ...


... and tore a lot of skin off my left side in the expected places, i.e. elbow, shoulder, hip and knee.

All in all, it wasn't that bad. Only my front tire was damaged, my helmet did it's thing and protected my large noggin, my lifetime "no broken bones" record remained intact, several good Samaritans stopped to see if I was OK, and there's plenty of time to completely heal before the upcoming hike in Colorado!

I definitely need to be more careful.

1 comment:

Jena said...

Not the wheel!!! I'm glad you are ok. Be careful sir!