Monday, April 4, 2011

Grandma

I was out walking with my Granddaughter. She picked up something off of the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. 'Why' my Granddaughter asked. "Because it's been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, and probably has germs," I replied.

At this point, my Granddaughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Grandma, how do you know all this stuff?? You are so smart."
I was thinking quickly and said to her, "All Grandmas know stuff. It's on the Grandma Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Grandma."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. "Oh....I get it! she beamed, So if you don't pass the test you have to be the Grandpa".

'Exactly,' I replied with a big smile on my face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a true story?

KAR said...

My grandkids are smart enough for this to be a real story, but alas it is not.

Steve said...

You knew it wasn't. Way too ridiculous.