Monday, March 14, 2011

DIY Lawn Care

The excitement level of this post is on par with watching grass grow.

Literally.

Through the years, we (and by "we", I mean me) have varied from treating our yard ourselves to having a lawn service perform the honors. By "treating our yard", I mean fertilize with crabgrass preventer in early spring (now), fertilizer with weed control in late spring, and fertilize again in the fall for a final feeding.

I've come to the conclusion that it's far better to do this yourself. I can do it exactly at the best time without waiting (and with the exact amount). It takes about 15 minutes per application.

On the other hand, lawn services today insist on 7-8 treatments, usually do it at the wrong time (because I'm not they're only customer), and bill me incorrectly. To me, it only takes one call to a billing person to spoil any feeling of convenience offered by an external service.

On top of that, some kid usually visits periodically insisting the world will end if a special $100 treatment is not applied immediately to correct some chemical imbalance or halt an attack by a new bug loosened upon American lawns by Malaysian shipping interests (or some such story).

This chore now falls solidly in the category of "I'd rather do it myself". Maybe it traces back to the farming roots of the family. Maybe I'm a control freak. Or frugal.

With that said, application #1 was administered this week. Crabgrass starts to germinate when temperatures achieve 50 degrees, and I hate crabgrass - it even sounds distasteful. Pictures of the front and back yard - post treatment - are shown.

Look closely, and you will not see crabgrass.

Michael is always suggesting ideas for a family motto. I suggest: "At least we have nice lawns". In Latin.

3 comments:

Amber said...

we already have a motto, you know that. anyways, my lawn looks terrible, so there you have it.

Deb said...

Maybe you just want it done right? More and more I find myself doing the work on the house and boat because I know I'll put in the effort to do it correctly. Our "service industry" doesn't seem to be long on providing service these days.

Deb said...

Actually, that wasn't Deb, that was Tim. Wrong computer...