Monday, February 28, 2011

Health Maintenance - Corporate Style

A package arrived in my corporate mailbox the other day. It contained a health maintenance kit. You might think the company really loves us employees, but I callously suspect they made some commitment to do this to secure a lower health insurance rate.

The contents, a cheap pedometer, a large rubber band with exercise instructions, and a cloth backpack, bear witness to my skepticism:


Well, at least this beats the "good old days" when the supply cabinets provided ashtrays. If my health were the key issue here, how about reducing the discretionary stress?

2 comments:

The Moose said...

Looks like someone at corporate was able to check off a box on their to-do list. Job Security!!!

Steve said...

I'm an equal opportunity critic of questionable practices in all organizations!