Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Good and The Bad

A few months back I asked my parents if they would like to make a trip to Gatlinburg.  It started out just the 3 of us, but the week before we were to leave, Steve piped up that he sure would like to go.  Well, what could I say?  Come on big fella!  I can always use another driver!  The fall colors had mostly disappeared but the trees at our condo were still beautiful.


Photo op on the strip where all of the hillbilly shops are.

Dad was sure excited when we found a store that makes their own whiskey and even gives out free samples!

This show was by far the worst I have ever seen.  It's The Lumberjack Feud.  I was hoping it wasn't as bad as it sounded.  After all these lumberjacks were national champions at throwing axes, climbing poles and cutting wood.  It was terrible.  Don't waste your money.  We all laughed afterwards.  Said they should have paid us to watch!

On the way home we stopped at Opryland.  Mom had never seen it before and really enjoyed it.  We also ate lunch at the Jack Daniels restaurant.  Dad more than enjoyed it!  He seemed to be giddy!

Everyone had a really good time.  But I am sure happy to be home!  In the last 19 days I've been to Cape Cod, Lake of the Ozarks and Gatlinburg!  I need to stay home, cook a turkey and get some Christmas shopping done.

No comments: