Friday, June 8, 2012

Antelope Canyon

One of the places that we stopped at was Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona.  I have wanted to go here for years and we finally made it.  After reading all sorts of websites I was a little concerned about being able to get any good pictures.  They said it was very crowded.  I also tried to find photography sites that would guide me so that my photos wouldn't be terrible!  I couldn't find any!  I didn't need to worry.   Yes, it was crowded.  You have to be part of a tour group to enter. And there were lots of them.  But the guides were very good and kept everyone moving.  They directed people to get out of the way and where to take shots to get good photos.  Antelope Canyons are slot canyons.  There are openings where the sun streams down into these sandstone "caves".





We both really enjoyed this and would go back again.

No comments: